Africans in Israel
New York City, New York -In recent years, there has been an outcry of undocumented African immigrants’ situations in Israel. Some erroneously labeled it racism. It’s not. Justice and fairness must guide our feelings and reactions to the situation. The truth is that Israel is a tiny piece of land dealing with multitude of internal and external difficult issues. It is therefore incomprehensible to think the undocumented African immigrants must be given what is denied to over five million Palestinian refugees. It is not a place suitable to absorb a large influx of immigrants. The capacity and condition are not there. And we must be mindful of the Jewish families seeking a safe and secure place they can call home, as well as Palestinian families pushed out of their homes who are yearning for an independent state. Let us please not give more headache to people who are already managing tremendous internal and external conflicts. If you disagree with position, please chime in.
The best option is for African Union to facilitate cooperation between Israel and AU in developing Africa’s vast agricultural land as Israelis did post 1948.
Facts to ponder:
- Africa:30,065,000 Sq. Km
- Population: 1.216 billion (2016)
- African Union recognizes 54 countrieswhile the United Nations recognizes 54 as well.
- Age: Oldest Fossil found is 300,000 years ago.
- Africa is rich in mineral and natural resources with large parts of its terrain teeming with wild life and magnificent plant life. It possesses 99 percentof the world’s chrome resources, 85 percent of its platinum, 70 percent of its tantalite, 68 percent of its cobalt, and 54 percent of its gold, among others.
- Israel: 20,770 square kilometers
- Population: 8.547 million (2016) World Bank
- Smaller than Sierra Leone: 27,699 mi²
- The natural resources of Israel include potash, copper ore, natural gas, phosphate rock, magnesium bromide, clays, and sand. Cut diamonds are among the leading exports of the country. The country is dependent on crude oiland raw material Nov 14, 2012.
- Age: On May 14, 1948, in Tel Aviv, Jewish Agency Chairman David Ben-Gurion proclaims the State of Israel, establishing the first Jewish state in 2,000 years.