Iran dismisses Saudi’s accusation of training terrorist cell

by MCR Correspondent
147 views

Iran has dismisses an accusation made by Saudi Arabia that it had trained a terrorist cell, which Riyadh said it had taken down.

Iran Foreign Ministry spokesman said this on Tuesday September 29, 2020, in a televised report.

Saeed Khatibzadeh said, “The repetitive and worthless accusations of the Saudi rulers are not the way for Riyadh to achieve its goals.”

“Our recommendation is that Saudi Arabia choose the path of honesty and wisdom instead of worthless scenarios,” Khatibzadeh added.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Monday said it had “arrested 10 people earlier this month and seized weapons and explosives from a terrorist cell that had received training from Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards.”

Iran and its main regional adversary Saudi Arabia have been involved in proxy wars across the Middle East from Syria to Yemen.

The United States and Saudi Arabia have blamed a series of attacks against oil interests in the Gulf since last year on Iran.

You may also like

Leave a Comment