Azerbaijan’s defense ministry has disclose that it has again shot down another Armenian Su-25 fighter jet, – the second Su-25 to be downed in days.
In a statement released on Sunday October 18, 2020, the ministry said, “The Su-25 attack aircraft was trying to launch airstrikes on Azerbaijani positions in the Jabrayil region when it was shot down, like its predecessor on Saturday.”
“The jet was destroyed by Azerbaijani forces at around 12:30 p.m. (0830GMT),” the ministry said.
Earlier, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry announced that Armenian forces had already “grossly violated” a new humanitarian cease-fire only hours old, using large-caliber weapons, mortars and artillery.
The cease-fire – the second since hostilities around Upper Karabakh began on September 27 – only went into effect at 12 midnight Saturday.
The second cease-fire was reached between Baku and Yerevan after the previous Oct. 10 humanitarian cease-fire was breached hours later by Armenian missile attacks on Azerbaijan’s city of Ganja, killing 10 people and injuring 35.